We are seeking a Senior Data Engineer in Gurgaon, India. As a Senior Data Engineer, you will be
responsible for developing code to build out and maintain the systems that manage and store data at
QL2. Work will revolve around devising solutions to warehouse terabytes of critical information and
create the tools necessary to transform, analyze, and access those data sets.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Develop solutions in Python and appropriate scripting tools.
- Design, implement, and maintain ETL applications required to support storage and analysis
of millions of transactions a day.
- Create and perform unit and integration tests.
- Communicate effectively with Engineering teams locally and remotely.
- Adhere to SDLC process in an Agile environment.
FUNCTIONAL JOB COMPETENCIES
- Bachelor's degree with 5+ years of professional experience.
- Strong development and automation skills with Python and other development languages
(java, perl, shell, etc.)
- Experience with cloud providers (AWS preferred).
- Database knowledge and strong SQL skills.
- Familiarity with cloud-based data warehousing tools (Snowflake is preferred).
- Ability to solve complex problems related to large data volumes generated in real-time is
- Background with data normalization, data consistency, and streaming processes.
- Ability to use common development environments including source control methods (SVN,
Git), IDEs (pyCharm, Eclipse, IntelliJ), build tools (Jenkins, Bamboo).
- Ability to learn new technologies, perform competitive analysis, and provide
recommendations for implementation.
- Ability to work in Linux (RedHat, CentOS) and Windows environments.
- Expert problem solving skills.
- Possess excellent communication and inter-personal skills.
- Proven ability to identify, analyze and solve problems.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- B.Tech/MCA in the field of computer science and at least 5 years equivalent work