After Data Scout uses a job to retrieve data from a target site, you may access the data from the Results tab.
How to View Results:
- Select the Results tab.
- Select a job from the list by clicking on the name of the job.
- Once selected, the results of the selected job will appear to the right of the list of results.
- Click on the checkbox(es) of the result files you would like to download.
- Click Download.
- Open the files once downloaded to view the results.
Please work with your QL2 Account Manager if any changes are necessary to your results file.
Here are some standard definitions of the Result file types:
- out: Output files, typically named “out”, contain the data QL2 is able to retrieve from the target sites based on your search inputs. The columns in the out file correspond to the data available on the target site and may be customized for your organization depending on your needs.
- error: Error files contain various types of errors. The error file lists the input as well as the error that the input generated. In some cases, the error generated lets you know that what Data Scout was searching for is sold out or has no availability with the given input parameters. In other cases, the error may indicate that there is a problem with the script QL2 uses to retrieve data from the target site. In this case, requesting support alerts QL2 to the error, so we can make repairs. Other errors may indicate network failures. In these cases, execute the search inputs that errored again and if the problem persists, notify QL2 Support. QL2 strives to make all error codes useful and descriptive. If you see an error that does not indicate the problem, such as “Error in Dialogue Sequence”, contact QL2 Support to repair the error code.
- rerun: Occasions that generate network timeout errors are caught by the QL2 platform and listed in the rerun file. Errors in the rerun file are recognized as temporary errors and should be run again. This file is formatted as an input CSV and can be uploaded into a new search and executed.
- FTP: Your organization may have data FTPed into an internal or external system. An FTP file has the format and filename accepted by the system into which the data is integrated and is therefore customized to your organization’s specifications. If you have a need for an FTP output file, please contact your QL2 Account Executive for more information.